MAIN TOPICS FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
- Scientific based evidence supporting the nutritional, physiological and health claims of bee products.
- Preclinical research - safety, pharmacology and toxicology of bee products. Guidelines for medical applications.
- Clinical trials in apitherapy – doses, interactions, side effects (human and veterinary medicine). Update on the use of apitherapy in infectious diseases.
- Regulatory issues and clinical ethics related to the integration of apitherapy as TCM in healthcare systems.
- Bee genetics and development
- Bee nutrition and physiology
- Bee behavior (learning/cognition, social behavior)
- Bee breeding and cryopreservation
- Managed bee biodiversity (stingless bees, Apis subspecies and conservation)
- Honey traceability
- Beekeeping at the family, cooperative and national level
- Consumer education and market expansion
BEEKEEPING FOR RURAL DEVELOPMENT
- Nature Based Beekeeping
- Low Input Beekeeping
- Promoting Rural Youth Beekeeping Using Sustainable Methods
- Beekeeping for those Living with Disabilities
- Utilizing Indigenous Beekeeping Knowledge
- Methods to Resolve Rural Beekeeping Community Conflicts
- Impact of pesticides on bee health.
- Breeding for Disease /Mite Resistance.
- Impact of Pests, Parasites and Pathogens on Bees and their control. ( Development of bioproducts for bee health.- Honey bee microbiota and their impact on bee health.- QUEEN and drone health
- Monitoring and mitigation measures for new Invasive species.
- Antimicrobial/Acaricide resistance.
POLLINATION AND BEE FLORA
- Crop pollination by honey bees
- Crop pollination by non-Apis bees
- Conservation of pollinator diversity and plant-pollinator interactions
- Characterization and management of floral resources
- Effects of environmental change (land-use, climate change, invasive species) on floral resources, pollinators, and pollination
BEEKEEPING TECHNOLOGY AND QUALITY
- Methods of detection of fraud in bee products
- Tools to avoid fraud in beekeeping (block chain, data bank, …)
- Determination and identification of constituents and micro constituents of genuine bee product (characterization, base of the activity, …) and of contaminants.
- Impact of climate change on beekeeping activities and mitigation.
- Sustainable management of bee colonies (included breeding and selection)
- Innovative techniques to manage bee colonies (included non intrusive techniques)